Black and pink for girls.
The BG-169R-1BD is a watch for girls, whether for your partner or for your daughter. It’s got so many useful features, they will both love it!
With a glossy black band and a pink display, the watch strap is adjustable enough to fit on a child’s wrist as well as on an adult. If it gets too dark, they can just press the button right below the display to turn on the pink backlight and they’ll easily see the time.
Kids can play rough, it’s just a fact of life, especially if they play sports, which would usually put their watch in danger. In this case though, Casio has included its trademark shock protection, just like with their main G-Shock watches. This means if your kids are playing and they hit their wrist, or the watch slips off, it will still work normally. The BG169R also has a face protector, which wraps around the back of the watch. This protects the watch from any vibrations when hit from behind.
A very rare and interesting feature included in this watch is the 25 name data bank. This is similar to a phonebook, letting you program the watch with up to 25 different names and phone numbers, so if your child’s mobile runs out of power they still know the number to contact you or anybody else.
- Shock resistant
- Electro-luminescent backlight, Afterglow
- Telememo Memory capacity: Up to 25 sets of data, each set including; Name (8 characters) and telephone number (12 digits) Other: Auto-sort
- World time city code display, daylight saving on/off,
- Day Counter, Automatically counts down the days from the current date to a target date. Memory capacity: 5 records (8 characters each) A mark appears on the display to let you know when a target date is reached.
- 1/100-second stopwatch, Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99'', Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer, Measuring unit: 1 second, Input range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increment)
- Daily alarms, 5 independent daily alarms
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, am/pm, year, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on CR1616
- Size of case / total weight
- 45.9 X 42.6 X 15.4 mm / 43 g
Cute and practical! review by Katherine V on 22/11/2016
Mum paid for this for me two weeks ago! I love the pink display! I wasn't really sure about the face protector on the watch, nor how it actually protects the back, but the other day I was running, accidentally banged my wrist. Once I got home I took off the watch and noticed it had pretty much no damage! Everything was still clearly seen and in place! Definitely convinced about the extra protection now!
Not what I expected review by Candy C on 25/10/2016
And that's definitely a good thing! I figured it'd be hard to read, but my niece really wanted this watch so I decided to just buy it for her. She loves it! The pink especially!
The screen, while a bit challenging at first, is easy for her to read (though I sometimes need my glasses), and because it comes with lots of alarms, she's got no excuse not to come home before dark, so that's great peace of mind.
Mixed bag review by Rebeccah C on 10/10/2016
On the one hand this is a really good watch. The backlight works wonders at night so I can easily see the time. It's also very light and easy to put on. Finally it's definitely cute with the pink display.
On the down side, during the day the pink is hard to see through, so I have some trouble reading the time without my glasses.