Let’s face it, when you’ve got a watch with as many features as a Casio, finding your mode can be exhausting (and painful on your fingers). That’s why Casio came up with the GA-400GB series.
The GA-400GB-1A is completely black, with silver writing and a black and silver display. It’s analogue and digital, so the display is extra-large.
As with the GA-110 series, Casio made sure that the digital part was as easy to see as the analogue, with the date at the top, and the time at the bottom. It’s a negative display too, making the silver numbers stand out.
The watch has a rotary switch, which enables you to simply move the wheel up or down to find the mode you’re looking for. Much easier on your fingers than pressing a button 10-15 times!
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- Magnetic Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED light
- Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- World time
- 31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), one-touch UTC time zone, daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99''
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 60 minutes
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Other: Auto switching to elapsed time measurement (up to 60 minutes, 1-second units) when the end of a countdown timer operation is reached
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds)), 1 dial (countdown timer minutes)
- Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on SR927W × 2
- Size of case / Weight : 55×51.9×18.3mm / 70g
Good sized watch review by Louie C on 24/07/2017
Thought it'd be a bit heavy seeing as it's large, but it's not heavy on my wrist at all! And it fits perfectly! I kept hearing that the backlight didn't work well, but for me it was easy to read. And the numbers are large enough that during the day I just need to take a glance while walking, instead of stopping every time I want to check the time.
Stylish review by Terry K on 18/07/2017
Great watch that looks good on my wrist. good size, and it's lighter than I thought.
Easy to use review by Cam L on 18/07/2017
Gotta say I love the dial. Really easy to find the mode I want just by scrolling the wheel up or down. Big screen too!
Water resistant review by Norm V on 17/07/2017
I wanted a watch I could go swimming in, as well as easy to find features. This fits the bill for me. really happy
Tough watch review by Val M on 11/07/2017
Great for when i'm outdoors. big screen, and even though i trip over a few times, my watch hasn't suffered.
Good analogue/digital watch with some really cool features! review by Chris W on 6/07/2017
I like the combo watches. Bought this a week ago and have been playing around with it. Really liking the rotor since it brings up most of the modes that I'm after right away. Also enjoying the hand shift feature, for when the hands get in the way of the digital time.
Tough looking watch with a slight vision problem review by Brett C on 31/05/2017
This watch looks great. I haven't been in too many rough situations, but just by looking at it, the watch seems like it can take a lot of pummelling. Only problem is, it's very hard to read at night. the backlight likghts up the analogue part, but I've still had trouble reading it.
Champ service! review by Hugh J on 21/04/2017
Was after this watch for ages but I couldn't find it anywhere, and the prices I got quoted in stores were way too much. I called up this company, they came back to me the next day with a very affordable price, and I had the watch 3 days later! Considering I live in Rural NT that's quite a fast turnaround!
Nice design review by Craig W on 16/04/2017
I like how simple this watch is to use. Especially the alarms. I have so many things to remember, having the daily alarms really helps keep me on track.