The G-Lide series of watches have been a surfer’s best friend for years, and at long last, they’ve gotten an upgrade. Welcome to the GAX Series!
The GAX-100A-7A is an analogue/digital hybrid. It’s got a pure white band, that shines during the day, making it easy to see even if you drop it.
The analogue hands are a silvery grey, making it easy to see, and the hour markers stand out. The entire right side of the watch is dedicated to the digital features, with the day and date on the top, and the time on the bottom.
The left side is dedicated to surfer exclusive features. On the top half you’ve got an analogue tide graph, with a tide level for any specific date and time. The bottom left has a moon phase indicator, which is important since the moon can affect the tides in an instant.
- Moon Data
- Analog Tide Graph
- Temperature measurement
- ISO764 class magnetic resistance
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- Shock Resistant
- Mineral Glass
- Magnetic Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- LED light
- Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow
- Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
- Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date, moon phase graph)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 999:59'59.99''
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 3 years on SR927W × 2
- Size of case / Weight: 55×51.2×16.9mm / 69g
Cool watch, but gets dirty review by Tom S on 16/03/2017
My only regret is buying a white watch. The features are great, it looks great on my wrist and doesn't weigh me down. But the white band and body just keep getting discoloured. I understand white is pretty much the easiest colour to dirty, but still afer so many years making watches, you'd think they'd have a colourfast one.
Just what I needed review by Mabel J on 15/03/2017
Great watch, everything is pretty big so I don't have to squint (always a plus!) Easy to get dirty but also washes right off. I use the tide graph when I go swimming to make sure I don't get stuck in a high tide.
Good overall watch review by Angie M on 6/03/2017
Having a blast with this watch. Always had large wrists so have to get men's watches. I'm loving all the different features, and the markers make it really easy to read. Anything I can think of, the function's already there so great watch!