As an all-black stealth watch, this latest addition to the X-Large series stands apart from the pack!
This watch was created with police and military in mind, and it shows. First of all, it is tough. Not just 100m shock resistant (as with most Casio watches), but it's also water resistant to 200m. So if you're crawling around in the mud or having to swim for training, or on a mission, you don't need to worry about it getting inside.
As a stealth watch, Casio knew that it needed to be discreet. There's a backlight to help you see the time at night, but it wouldn't be too stealthy if it got enemy attention as well! So, Casio made sure that only the analogue part of the watch lit up when you pressed the backlight. This way, you'll still be able to tell the time, but you won't get any attention on you.
Being part of the military or police, there are obviously some missions that are time sensitive. You might have to do a task at a specific time each day. To help you keep to your schedule, the watch has 4 daily alarms that you can set. On top of that, there's a countdown timer that can be set up to 24 hours.
There were some understandable concerns when Casio unveiled this model, because of a lot of metal parts visible in the watch. Those could disrupt the timing of the watch if you're in an area with lots of magnetic waves. So, Casio made sure when this watch was out, its whole structure was magnet resistant, so you don't have to worry about it affecting your watch.
- Mineral Glass
- Magnetic Resistant
- Shock Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- LED light
- Auto light switch, selectable illumination duration, afterglow
- World time
- 29 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), city code display, daylight saving on/off, Home city / World time city swapping
- 1/1000-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 99:59'59.999''
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap time, split time
- Others: Speed (0 to 1998 units/hour), Distance input (0.0 to 99.9)
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- Other: Auto-repeat
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds))
- Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on CR1220
- Size of case: 55 × 51.2 × 17.4 mm
- Total weight: 72 g
Auto Light review by Craig on 15/09/2016
That's awesome to have! All i need to do is move my wrist and the backlight turns on at once instead of me having to fumble with the buttons in the dark
Alarms are quite loud! review by Pamela on 7/09/2016
Didn't think I'd be able to hear them so well. Ah well they do what I need (remind me when my next meeting is). The backlight is pretty neat too, makes it look like the watch is glowing gold.
love the functions! review by Lincoln on 5/09/2016
So many modes I doubt I'll use all the features, but all the ones i want are there! I Travel a lot so world time will be a great help.