In the style of the G-Lide, this green and white watch is designed for active women.
The BGA180 is an ana-digi combo with the hour markers, as well as the 6 and 12 at the top and bottom of the screen pushing outwards, giving the watch a sort of 3D feel. All the hour markers, even if they’re not numbered, are pushed up so it’s easy to see what time it is on the analogue part of the watch.
One of Casio’s specialties is protecting their watches. The BGA-180 obviously has their patented shock protection system, which means that if you drop the watch, or you get hit, the watch will still function unless the drop was over 100m. But that’s not all in this case. Casio also added a “lug protector”, which is made of fine resin, to the band. Aside from looking good, this also helps protect the back of the watch from impact, insuring more durability.
If you enjoy swimming, but don’t want your watch to be stolen, take it with you! The 100m water resistance means you can go swimming, and as long as you don’t dive too far and are careful about pressing the buttons while the watch is submerged, you never have to take your watch off.
One of the most unique features about this watch is the hand shift. If you’re better with digital than analog, and you find the hands blocking the time, simply activate the hand shift feature and the hands will move out of the way for a few seconds, allowing you to look at the screen unobstructed, and then go back to where they were.
- Mineral Glass
- Shock Resistant
- 100-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Resin
- Resin Band
- LED light
- Selectable illumination duration, afterglow
- World time
- 31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping
- Hand shift feature (Hands move out of the way to provide an unobstructed view of digital display contents.)
- Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
- Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- *Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- Tidal Trend Indicator (Shows tidal changes over the next 12 hours.)
- 1-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 59'59
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 60 minutes
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 to 60 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Counter (Keep track of a count up to 999.)
- Daily alarm
- Hourly time signal
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 2 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 20 seconds))
- Digital: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±30 seconds per month
- Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR726W × 2
- Size of case: 49.3 × 44 × 15.4 mm
- Total weight: 46 g
Nice combination of colours, but bad instructions review by Kim V on 17/11/2016
First the good: There are so many features that anything I could think of, this watch already had. I'm a surfer, so it's important to have a watch that would provide me with a tide graph. This definitely helped there, and I've been more prepared for competitions ever since I figured out how to use the watch.
And therein lies the problem. The instruction manual is really hard to understand so there was a lot of trial and error. Customer service was great though, and they did at least try to help, but the manual needs to be more user friendly.
Easy to read review by Cindy C on 31/10/2016
Love this watch! So easy to read, especially with the giant markers (helps for me since I've got bad eyesight). Love the thermometer too, since it helps tell the temperature. Only thing is I have to take the watch off for a few minutes to get a correct reading. Bit of a hassle but worth it.
Great colours too, makes it easy to find!
Fast delivery! review by Tea L on 3/10/2016
Bought the watch Friday at 2:10 so I figured I missed the deadline. Imagine my surprise when I received it today (monday)! Great service and now I have a present for my daughter's birthday!